Setup Instructions |
Download for Windows |
Download for Macintosh |
How it works
What gets accelerated?
Slipstream compresses the following elements of web pages and email in order to
send the information to your computer faster:
- Graphics including JPEG and GIF images
- Passive FTP
- E-mail - SMTP, POP, IMAP (including file attachments!)
What will not be accelerated?
Although Slipstream is able to compress many different types of online data,
there are a few which cannot be accelerated:
- Streaming media, audio and video files
- Secure pages, such as those used for online banking and credit card
How does it work?
With traditional dial-up methods, the text and graphics that make up web pages
get sent from the server to you over your phone line. Because of the large
amount of data required to be sent, this process can be painfully slow.
Slipstream compresses this data using a proprietary technology, and sends it
over your existing dialup phone line. This compression process allows a smaller
amount data to be sent - up to seven times less - making the download time of
your web pages and your online experience that much faster. As an added download
time reducer, Slipstream stores elements of the web sites you visit frequently
eliminating the need to re-download them every time you visit these sites.
Other value-added features of the accelerator software include:
- Privacy Manager - clear you cache, cookies, and history in one click
- Internet Explorer Toolbar - change your settings more conveniently
- Pop-Up Blocker - block annoying pop-up advertisements while surfing
- Banner-Ad Blocking - Stop the ads and surf faster
- Integrated Diagnostic Support Tool - help us solve your problem faster
- Win 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, & XP
- Pentium 200MHz (or equivalent)
- 64MB RAM
- at least 11 MB of hard-drive space
- OS X 10.2 or later
- PowerPC G3 processor
- 128MB RAM
- 6MB of hard drive space
- Internet Explorer 5.0 and later
- Firefox 0.9 and later
- Mozilla 1.4 and later
- Netscape 6.0 and later
- Opera 7.6 and later
Want the dirty details? Download these whitepapers:
Get a free 14 day trial!
Call Technical Support to have your account accelerated today!
updated March 2009
Copyright 1995, Internet Montana, All rights reserved